BERWYN, PA - The Berwyn Fire Company was dispatched at 8:21 p.m. for a house fire in the 600 block of Wallace Drive in Tredyffrin Township. Mutual aid units from the Radnor Fire Company and Valley Forge Volunteer Fire Company were also requested.
First arriving crews were met with smoke showing from the roof of a single family residence, with all occupants safely evacuated. Once inside, firefighters located the fire in the attic and worked quickly to contain it. Additional resources from the Chester County Fire Marshals Office, PECO and an air truck from the Jefferson Fire Company were added to the response.
The fire is believed to have been accidentally caused by a candle. The fire was placed under control at 8:48 p.m.
The Tredyffrin Township Police Department provided traffic control and assisted with fire scene support. There were no reported first responder or civilian injuries.
Fortunately the homeowners evacuated after smelling smoke in their house and quickly called 9-1-1.
All personnel and units cleared the scene by 10:30 p.m., while Belfor Property Restoration arrived and began assisting the residents.