BERWYN, PA - This past weekend, volunteers and career staff responded to numerous calls in the T-E community. During a packed Saturday, the 4th Annual Main Line Fire Prevention Expo was presented by the Berwyn Fire Company and Radnor Fire Company in the afternoon at the Devon Horse Show.
Berwyn first responders were dispatched at 3:59 a.m. on Saturday for a motor vehicle collision with fire in the 100 block of Sugartown Road in Easttown Township. Engine 2-2 arrived with a car engulfed in flames after it had crashed into a telephone pole. The driver was able to self-extricate and did not require medical services. The fire was quickly extinguished and PECO was called to the scene to deal with the damaged pole.
Sugartown Road was closed for several hours between Dorset Road and S. Waterloo Road. The Easttown Township Police Department provided scene control and investigated the cause of the crash. All units cleared the scene by 5 a.m.
Soon after the Sugartown Road incident, firefighters were back on the road again at 5:36 a.m. for a house fire on Welsh Valley Road in the Valley Forge Mountain section of Tredyffrin Township.
Engine 2-3, Engine 2-1, Utility 2, Assistant 2 and Battalion 2 responded to aid the Paoli Fire Company with this fire. Firefighters assisted with fire suppression and with establishing a water supply from a nearby fire hydrant. During this incident, Radnor Fire Company EMS covered a medical call at 6:05 a.m. at Old Forge Crossing in Tredyffrin Township.
During the Expo, the standby companies from Gladwyne Fire Company and West Whiteland Fire Company handled a carbon monoxide alarm on Gulph Road in Tredyffrin Township.
A total of 15 calls were handled in T-E over the weekend, along with a mutual aid EMS response to East Whiteland Township.
Saturday, October 15th Call Log
1. 1:48 a.m. / Old Lancaster Road / Basic Life Support / Easttown Twp.
2. 3:01 a.m. / Leopard Road / Elevator Alarm / Easttown Twp.
3. 3:59 a.m. / Sugartown Road / Motor Vehicle Collision w/ Fire / Easttown Twp.
4. 5:36 a.m. / Welsh Valley Road / House Fire / Tredyffrin Twp.
5. 6:05 a.m. / Old Forge Crossing / Basic Life Support / Tredyffrin Twp.
6. 8:55 a.m. / E. Conestoga Road / Advanced Life Support / Tredyffrin Twp.
7. 9:29 a.m. / Rt. 202 South Mile Marker 18.2 / Motor Vehicle Collision / East Whiteland Twp.
8. 2:42 p.m. / Gulph Road / Carbon Monoxide Alarm / Tredyffrin Twp.
9. 5:45 p.m. / Hillcrest Road / Basic Life Support / Tredyffrin Twp.
10. 8:37 p.m. / N. Valley Forge Road / Basic Life Support / Tredyffrin Twp.
Sunday, October 16th Call Log
1. 8:00 a.m. / Devon Boulevard / Basic Life Support / Easttown Twp.
2. 9:48 a.m. / Paoli Pointe Drive / Basic Life Support / Tredyffrin Twp.
3. 5:50 p.m. / Blackburn Drive / Residential Fire Alarm / Easttown Twp.
4. 8:15 p.m. / Leopard Road / Basic Life Support / Easttown Twp.
5. 9:01 p.m. / Leopard Road / Basic Life Support / Easttown Twp.
6. 9:08 p.m. / Lancaster Avenue / Basic Life Support / Easttown Twp.
Easttown Twp. - 8
Tredyffrin Twp. - 7
East Whiteland Twp. - 1