BERWYN, PA - The Berwyn Fire Company had an active Saturday handling 11 calls for service in 11 hours in the Tredyffrin-Easttown community.
This included several medicals calls and fire incidents. At one point 5 emergency vehicles were on the road at the same time between the main station and substation; MICU 102, Ambulance 2-3, Ambulance 2-4, ATV 2 and Engine 2-2.
Radnor Fire Company EMS provided mutual aid at a medical emergency on Joseph Dr. in Tredyffrin Township. This was a 3rd simultaneous call in the response area as Berwyn had ambulances dealing with calls at Devon Senior Living and in Valley Forge National Historical Park.
Firefighters assisted at 3 medical calls, investigated 2 fire alarms and also dealt with a propane grill fire and trees and wires fire.
A total of 4 career staff and 9 volunteers were involved in the various incidents throughout the day.
Saturday, August 26th Call Log
1. 11:52 a.m. / N. Valley Forge Rd. / Advanced Life Support / Tredyffrin Twp.
2. 12:00 p.m. / Rt. 252 & Yellow Springs Rd. / Basic Life Support / Tredyffrin Twp.
3. 12:18 p.m. / Joseph Dr. / Advanced Life Support / Tredyffrin Twp.
4. 12:56 p.m. / Drummers Ln. / Advanced Life Support / Tredyffrin Twp.
5. 1:20 p.m. / Howellville Rd. / Residential Fire Alarm / Tredyffrin Twp.
6. 5:54 p.m. / W. Walker Rd. / Advanced Life Support / Tredyffrin Twp.
7. 7:16 p.m. / Strafford Ave. / Apartment Building Fire Alarm / Tredyffrin Twp.
8. 7:46 p.m. / Lakeside Ave. / Propane Grill Fire / Easttown Twp.
9. 8:46 p.m. / Lancaster Ave. / Basic Life Support / Tredyffrin Twp.
10. 10:16 p.m. / Heatherwood Ln. / Trees & Wires Fire / Easttown Twp.
11. 10:58 p.m. / Brigade Ct. / Advanced Life Support / Tredyffrin Twp.
Municipal Response Breakdown
Easttown Twp. - 2
Tredyffrin Twp. - 9
Overlapping Call Situations - 5